Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

what i need to know do i adjust valves by takeing timming covers off or can i take timming plug out and do it that way.putting new valve cover gaskets on thought while i was there i would check valves.:action:

thanks alot alan

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I just removed the timing plug. If you have ever done a valve adjust, these will be no problem for you.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

what i need to know do i adjust valves by takeing timming covers off or can i take timming plug out and do it that way.putting new valve cover gaskets on thought while i was there i would check valves.:action:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Valve adjustment is controlled by the nut and slotted head and the amount you turn the slot giving more or less space and using a go, no go set of feeler gauges to measure the critical space. Exhaust and intake are different, intake set at .004" exhaust at .005" on a cold engine. To adjust valves remove the external valve covers being careful with the threaded screws and watch the oil since some will escape the heads.

Check the timing with the settings of the T marks after you adjust the lash.

I hope that answers you question.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thats is what i want to know.can i get the valves up on top dead by just looking at the t mark.but when i see t mark whitch valves do i check.then do i go one turn back to t again or do i use i think it is t 2.and then witch valves do i check...

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

You put the timing mark on the T1 the number 1 cylinder should be top dead center (front right cylinder) if not turn crank one more revolution.

Clearance
intake 0.10 mm (0.004 in)
exhaust 0.13 mm (0.005 in)

Adjust
Cyl 1 intake
Cyl 1 exhaust
Cyl 3 exhaust
Cyl 4 intake

Turn crank 1 revolution to the T1 mark Cylinder 2 should be TDC (front left cylinder)

Adjust
Cyl 2 intake
Cyl 2 exhaust
Cyl 3 intake
Cyl 4 exhaust

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

Say bud, I could go through the whole deal. Generally a procedure of intakes and exhaust valves on different cylinders based on which timiing marks you are aligning in the port. dj

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

Sorry, typing while you were posting. dj

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

got valves checked they were right on the money. while lineing up timming marks i seen t-2 what is it used for???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.