Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been having trouble keeping my pilot screws (air screws)on my 1100i adjusted just right . The last owner ground off the stops. The screws keep turning loose. I got a set of kester rebuild kits and the little bag with the pilot screw in also has three o-rings in it. Do one of these belong on the screw and if so where? The other day before I got the newkits one of the screws fell right out while riding. Fortunatly it stayed on the top of the engine. The springs on the old screws are longer thar the new screws so i would think they would stay in even better. Any help on the o-rings would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

There seams to be a groove between the screw head and the threads and a groove between the threads and the needle. which one?

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

If you place the head of your needle jet on the table with the pointed end facing up you would first install the spring, then the washer and then the o ring.

Place a drop of oil on the o ring so that it can slide in rather than being snagged and cut.

Do not overtighten the needle screw as you could enlarge the seat and possibly cause damage to the seat or needle.

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

The spring is usually what keeps the needle from spinning on it's own, the O rins are to keep air and dirt out. Are the springs installed on your bike?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

The old jets all had springs but the lengths varied. Thanks for the info on the position on the o-ring. The new jets will have all the parts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.