Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My bike has a horrible light. I can't see anything at night. It's bad enough that I don't ride at night solely because of it. It is out of the bike, and it is a H4 set up, but would I be better off replacing the bulb, which does work, or throwing the glass away and doing something different? All advice and experience welcome. I am going to the parts house tomorrow and would like the best option for this situation.

thanks in advance

Jade

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

I have thought about getting a new bucket for mine, but have run in to issues locating one. I got to thinking about it, and the headlight size is not much different than the one in my old truck. Found these on a truck restoration site. Try these.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=73

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

plskthompson wrote:
I have thought about getting a new bucket for mine, but have run in to issues locating one. I got to thinking about it, and the headlight size is not much different than the one in my old truck. Found these on a truck restoration site. Try these.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=73
I picked mine up at OReilly's Auto. It was the first Auto Parts store I came to after work. No worries, no searching around, no waiting for it to get shipped.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I bought the h6024, fit in perfectly, no hassle, very bright. Not ridden at night yet but noticeably better on the garage wall. local jobber parts house sold me a GE light for about $12.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
imported post

I just finished re-assembly on my '82 GL1100 Wing. As part of this I ordered a new light from Mother Honda and put in the Sylvania "bright white" halogen. Cost of both was less than $60 and I ride home from work at night ---What a difference!!!
I also have the old light ( in good condition ) and a new OEM bulb if any one needs them---PM me and cover postage / shipping and there are yours!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.