Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm getting ready to rebuild my 1100 carbs and have a few questions.

I would like to paint the slide caps and elbows, I found a kit that is for Calipers by Dupli-Color, it says it's good for 400 Degrees Intermittent, would this work or do I need to get engine paint, most of the engine paint I've found has the same temp rating.

My Idle mix screws still have the limiter caps on them, what is a good way to get them off, or are they stuck on there for good

Last thing is will the stock jets work for a 1000, or do I need to look into rejetting these

Like I said these are going on a 77 1000 with 78/79 exhaust system.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Heat the limiter caps with a butane torch to loosen the glue that holds them on. I'd check the manuals for the jet sizes and see if there's that much of a difference between the 2. Might not be enough to worry about.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Paint shoudl be OK..but will flake off eventually unless applied correctly, the caps can come off but often if you are not patient and careful you'll break the stem at the base..heat and wiggling.

look here for carbs specs..

http://www.randakks.com/TechTip32.htm scroll down bit

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

you can get the mixture screws out by taking off the float bowals first. dont for get too soak them down with wd-40 , or some kind of penatrating stuff to loosen the dirt an stuff .

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

use a proper primer that will seal the aluminum so you dont end up with crazing or fish eye. Do not buy cheap after market parts for your carbs. Best place for quality is randakks or Mother Honda.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Heat the limiter caps with a butane torch to loosen the glue that holds them on. I'd check the manuals for the jet sizes and see if there's that much of a difference between the 2. Might not be enough to worry about.
Baggy, thats kinda what Wayne told me the other day, I'll give the torch a shot. I've got them all apart, Wayne these are the ones I showed ya the other day.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

from what i seen of them they looked good .

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I just got some final cleaning to do, and then it's wait for Mr Randakk to have the postlady put a package in my mail box

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
imported post

I am rebuilding my carbs this weekend. While I was waiting for my kit to arive, every time I walked by the carbs, I shot the limiter caps with a bit of WD40. I checked them this morning and they are ready to come out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.