Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

BOUGHT a gl1100i back in may did alot of work to get it on the road. rode all summer knew it wasnt performing the best but kept riding. found out that po had put a 1000 motor in there and 1100 carbs thought that might be the pro and am planing on getting 1000 carbs later but today i decided to tear in to it. what i found was alot of dirt like stuff old dridied gas one carb was dry was getting no gas. cleaned it all up put it back together put it back on the bike and my batter was to weak to turn it over(just my luck ) put a battery charger on it got it cranked a few minutes ago. seems to run alot better will know more tomorrow. wish me luck lol:cool:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

im on the lookout for 1100 motor but funds are tight with to babies at home but im looking but the good news is at lease i can ride

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

:D Its good to hear!!.. try a some seafoam directly on the intake, thry the sync holes or plugs and let it sit... you will feel even more power at low rpms and of course, a little improvement on mpg.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

I would leave the motor well alone. If it ain't broke don't fix. Sounds like you have a good combo of carbs and motor. The 1000 carbs are not that good as others will testify. My only imput is when the chance to balance them comes along take it. I don't know if you have guages but if you haven't don't worry. It can wait. Just borrow some when you get a chance and when balanced you will notice a further improvement.

Looks good and happy riding.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

thats kinda what i thought i want it to run good and perforform well and if it does it could be a 350cc motor i just enjoy the ride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.