Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bad carb rebuild in Prescott az and now the shop closed up and moved to the east coast to add new pissed off customers. So I have to re-rebuild myself.

Problem he tightened the plenum screen screws with such force (boby has been separated but not the screens that bolt the carbs together) try as I might I am stripping the Phillips heads in the struggle. Question can I use a torch to weaken
The bond or will I wreck the aluminum body in the process? Have tried everything in between except drilling. So whadda think is there light or trash can.

Gumby

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Do you have an impact driver?, have you tried vise-grips? You can heat them up a bit but don't over do it. Got a heat gun?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I had to use a small pair of longnose vice grips on mine.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
A Dremel with a small cut-off wheel is what I use to cut a slot meant for a flathead screwdriver, ...like a number 3, ...a big one, ...preferably the kind that has the hex on the shank at the handle so a wrench can also be used.

Put allen bolts back in upon reassembly.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flathead screws

:claps::claps::claps:
A Dremel with a small cut-off wheel is what I use to cut a slot meant for a flathead screwdriver, ...like a number 3, ...a big one, ...preferably the kind that has the hex on the shank at the handle so a wrench can also be used.

Put allen bolts back in upon reassembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.