Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '82 Interstate with 53k miles, and when it is cold, I get some chatter out of the clutch when I am starting off in first. After the clutch is fully engaged, it doesn't make any noise, and after it is warm it doesn't make any noise. No problems with the clutch slipping or anything, and it really isn't much of a problem... but I have fixed everything else I can find wrong with the bike, so I am wondering what I could do to fix this.
Any ideas?

·
Administrator
28,078 Posts
If the carbs are synched there is probably nothing to do, 1100s all do that if you don't give it enough throttle taking off.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
I solved the chatter issue with 2 of my 1100's with just replacing the clutch discs and springs. The 30 year old clutch discs were a bit rock hard from age. A simple fix for my bikes.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
If the carbs are synched there is probably nothing to do, 1100s all do that if you don't give it enough throttle taking off.
:waving:this is ture. try a bit more thottle on take off.2500 rpm should do it.
(just before you engage clutch)

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
I solved the chatter issue with 2 of my 1100's with just replacing the clutch discs and springs. The 30 year old clutch discs were a bit rock hard from age. A simple fix for my bikes.
:ROFL:but this works too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it is a common thing with these, I'll just let it be until I need to replace the clutches due to wear. I'll try the higher rpm angle and see if that helps. (I'm really bad about lugging the engine on this bike.)
Thanks for the info!!
Darren

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
If it is a common thing with these, I'll just let it be until I need to replace the clutches due to wear. I'll try the higher rpm angle and see if that helps. (I'm really bad about lugging the engine on this bike.)
Thanks for the info!!
Darren
:) these 4 bangers don`t like to lugged , thats for sure!

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
Thanks for the info!!
Darren
A bit more throttle and let 'er go...
The 4 cylinder Wings LOVE RPMs....
It happens to me often when I switch from the 1500 to 1100..
Gotta re-learn clucth application points and RPMs..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.