Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I read the Randakk tech tip.

Do i measure the ohms between 1 and 2 spark plug wires and then 3and 4?

As in set the ohm meter to ? and put one lead on #1plug wire and the other lead on # 2 plug wire?

And what ohm reading should I get for stock 83 coils.. Not getting spark. Checked the pulse G - working.

Down to the ignitors and or coils.

The ones I have in there I swapped out.

thanks

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

Correct, measure from #1 to #2 & #3 to #4. It is supposed to be 16.7K ohms +- 10%. If you get nothing remove the plug caps and measure directly to the wires, they should show 10K less or 6.7K. then check the caps from the plug end to the wire end, they should show approx. 5K. I doubt both coils would go bad at the same time or the PGs or ignitors either. No spark anywhere check the power to the ignition system on the black/yellow wire.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I get around 16.5 +- on both coils and the coils I took off the old motor.

I have ignition on all 4. I am a bit worried by the fact that the right side 1/3 is running quit a bit hotter than the left. after running one I can touch - the other not. The rt. has a bit more push out the exhaust.

I had this on my 78 as well. A bit less after I got dyna coils - might have been my imagination.

what is up? What to check next? The ignitors? I am at a loss.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

In that case the ignition is not the problem. Each coil fires a cylinder on each side so it is more likely a fuel problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.