Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

New poster, Hi I am having some electrical gremlins on my "new" 1100. After a week I have a totally dead battery. If I start it every day or so, no problems, it is charging. My meter shows just under 14 @ 2000. I have disconnected every accessory other than the stereo which does have a small drain due to the memory. My connections are great and packed with dialectic grease, even at the stator. Any suggestions? Has a brand new battery in it. Thanks, David

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

After a week of no starting and riding the radio memory retention power drains my battery down to just where I get a strong click out of the solenoid and nothing else till I charge the battery back up.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I had a battery tender hard wired to the bike & left it plugged in when not in use. Some guys have theirs rigged up to plug into the cig lighter which works well if your cig lighter is running constant un switched power from the battery.

Goldwings are very slow to re charge a battery. If you rode for 1 hour, after boosting a dead battery, you might have enough power to re start it but it would be border line.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
After a week of no starting and riding the radio memory retention power drains my battery down to just where I get a strong click out of the solenoid and nothing else till I charge the battery back up.
Yup, me too. If my bike is going to be sitting more than two days without riding, I plug my battery tender into it to keep the battery happy.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

LOL same here with mine.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I've been meaning to get a battery tender. I had one in an old toolbox that I thought I'd never use again and gave it to my brother last year before I bought my 1100, wish I had it back now but he's already installed the pigtail on his 1500.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Good grief guys. I can leave my bike sitting in the garage for 3 weeks and not drain the battery. Something else is going on to discharge it.

Then again it's a new battery and my bike runs at 14.5v all the time, so maybe that has something to do with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.