Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Kenny's fairing is just too bad to fix. For us anyway. So, he's looking for a decent fairing for an 82 Aspencade, preferably a brown one, or a candy red one.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
imported post

These things just must be hard to find in good shape, every one i have seen has been cracked in the same spot.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Far away is the biggest problem. If it was reasonably close, I'd jump at it.

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
imported post

this stuff is about 30 minutes from my house, not sure what shipping cost would be but if you dont find anything closer to you, I can go check this out and assist.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

LarryC wrote:
Kenny's fairing is just too bad to fix. For us anyway. So, he's looking for a decent fairing for an 82 Aspencade, preferably a brown one, or a candy red one.
Larry, I actually have one.. It is brown.. Needs repaint .. I picked it up for $100.00 from an airport hanger clean out after laid down my 1100 last year.. I've decided to go neked with it now.. It has the complete radio system minus the display.. I don't recall if it has any cracks or not.. Not sure if has gauges or not either.. Sun is starting to come out here in South Ca..I'll try to get out and get you some pics if you're interested.
Shotgunner

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I'll get with my bil and let both of you know. Kenny is usually broke, not not sure yet. I also found out the local bike salvage has a couple for $150 and up.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

LarryC wrote:
I'll get with my bil and let both of you know. Kenny is usually broke, not not sure yet. I also found out the local bike salvage has a couple for $150 and up.

Thanks,

Larry
No worries.. Sun did not get out in South Cal today.. Sorry no pics...The other CL deal is definitely sweet.. The whole set $200.00.. Each bag goes @ 100.00 On E-Bay..
on the other hand the orig radio goes for @ $200.00.. Shipping likely makes it prohibitive.. Just thought I'd out it out there for ya.. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.. Good Luck..
Shotgunner

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
imported post

Xzebra, where exactly is that? I have family in Lady Lake but florida is a big state that Im not too familar with.

·
Administrator
26,180 Posts
imported post

I think I still have one at a friends house in Little Rock. It has a little damage, not too bad to fix. Shipping though can be prohibitive on those because of the size. I'll check, if he still has it just pay him for the shipping and it's yours.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

send a picture or two of the one you are giving up on. I bought a plastic welding tool for a project on the truck I was running on. Might be able to help. I have a brown on that needs to be fixed and a black one in excellent condition. Have not attempted the welding on the brown on yet. a little in the dumps to be out in the shop for long.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Update - I was talking to Kenny last night and he now thinks he can fix the fairing he has now. He's got some steel plating in there molded to the right shape, has it all put back together. Now he just has to get it all molded in and looking better. He's doing a nice job so far. I appreciate all the help. The fairing is in real nice shape except for that lower right area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.