·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

Be careful! Aftermarket float needles have issue with the plating on them. The plating tends to slag off over time from the gas. There is a thread out there that shows a pic of a non oem needles and they look like what paint looks like after using stripper on it. I had my carbs all done cloased up and ready to go back in the bike when I read this thread. Well I took them apart and put the originals back in and she run great. I'll try to locate the thread for you.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Yeah, I know..Randakk's has info and pics but said newer ones have improved but still recommends staying with OEM..just posted for those with $$$ issues or willing to take a chance..

There aren't many places that sell the needles alone and thsi price beats most out there I have seen and no shipping costs...

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
imported post

Guys like me appreciate the Non-OEM info because as RB wrote, $$$... I could not afford OEM 1 yr ago when my 78 needed rebuilt. (mostly needed a cleaning very bad). Anyway I bought K&L for cheap and they are still ok at this time. Took carbs apart about 3 weeks ago just to make sure the aftermarket valves were not going bad.. They looked fine, saw no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.