Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 83 1100 aspencade that was running 3 months ago and now it won't start. I pulled the plugs and grounded them and no spark at all. Is there something common to both sides?

After checking all the replys here's were I am.

Power to the kill switch, power at the spark units, what I can't findwhich is the only other commonality is the resistor. Can anyone tell me where to locate the resistor? Or does anyone have any other ideas???

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

If the kill switch is turned on, check the feed from the ignition to the switch, in case the ignition is faulty.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

spray WD 40 or a connection cleaner in your switches. (kill switch, ignition connections) they could be corroded. Check the fuses.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Check ignition switch and presence of 12V to spark modules

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I had this same problem. It turned out to be the kill switch. It was on but an internal wire had come unsoldered.

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Turn it all on and measure with a voltmeter on either negative or positive side of each coil, should get 12 volts. If both are dead, then the wiring from kill switch or resistor are bad.

Why - theres Pasco Washington - used to live in Pasco (Margaret st), nice town.. Nestled cozily between a nuclear waste dump at Hanford and a nerve gasmunitions dump in Oregon. Lovely green glow in the night sky LOL

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

I plowed in 10+ miles of fiber-optic phone line out at hanfrod. and dug in a bunch of phoneline duct systems.

It was cold.

While we were there they took a subarine reactor off a barge and trilered it to its new hole in the ground.

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

we wont talk about reactors... Unkey Sam might be tuned in and send us to Arctic Gulag for exposing secrets! LOL wife was a mech engineer in 200 area. Lots of neat people out there, most of them dont glow.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Tricities area is a great place for kite flying! Hang onto an anchor!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

Pay attention to Dr. Campbell, he seems to be in touch with the mechanical side of things. Were you often riding your wing in the rain before you parked it for 3 months? Also, did you have it parked uncovered for the 3 months?

I had a similar, except intermittant problem with my '82. I finally took apart all the splice connectors from the battery to the coils and ieverything between. I repacked them all with di-electric grease. I ride in the rain often and didn't want any more on side road troubles. (I also cheated with a jumper wire from the coil to the battery,working my way between till I found the possible offender).

Pj

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I know it's off the subject, but my wife and I are also from the Tri-Cities! We lived in Kennewick. I still have a brother that lives in Richland, one in Moses Lake and one in the Seattle area.

I'm just amazed that four of us (on this forum) all lived in the same area!It sounds like exavidhas spent some time there as well :waving:

Small world, Bob

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Loved the TC area, wish we hadnt left. Food was awesome. 3 eyed fish in the Columbia were interesting. LOL hanford jokes.:action:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

AZWinger wrote:
I'm just amazed that four of us (on this forum) all lived in the same area!It sounds like exavidhas spent some time there as well :waving:

Small world, Bob
Didn't live there, but get over there fairly often. I drive motor coaches part time and take groups of 50 or so to Pasco, Kennewick, etc. Used to take bunches of Japanese exchange students over there. Double ninetys we call them, 90lb kids with 90lb bags. It's a nice area, you can drive by Hanford in the night with the headlights off, that Cherenkov glow is really pretty!

:shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.