Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just bought me a good rear wheel and rotor, but the bearings weren't all they where cracked up to be and the non-drive side has no bearing retainer, I have a selection of rear wheels with retainers so I'm sure Ican get them out with a good tool to change out the bearings. I would prefer not to use the screwdriver method if I don't have to but if I have to I will.

So I'm asking the question, can I buy, borrow or rent one from someone on here so's I can get those suckers out. Or do you guys generally use the screwdriver method?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

I don't know anyone who actually has the tool. I have used two punches with a breaker bar between them and in one case a single punch and a small ball peen hammer. Those retainers are not usually in there all that tight.

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
imported post

find a pin spanner. works like a charm. they make adjustable ones. fix tons of other things as well

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Cyclebuster wrote:
find a pin spanner. works like a charm. they make adjustable ones. fix tons of other things as well
Thanks Cyclebuster, this little baby from Harbour Freight worked great, took that sucker right out, thanks again.

$6.99 Flat-Rate Shipping

• Home|

• Adjustable Pin Wrench

Double click on above image to view full picture

[/url]

.cboxPhoto {
float: left;
}

Adjustable Pin Wrench
Pittsburgh - item#36554

(1)

Read 1 Review