Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Slightly crazy here but ... has anyone transferred the Faux tank from a 1100 onto a GL1000 frame ? I don't like the early Vetter Fairings.
Using a 83 as donor. have already swapped 83 front end over. (had to fab turn stops on 78 frame to match 83 tree).
Shell mounts are in diff locations but not a prob with MIG. See that have to swap over 83 gas tank as fuel filler in diff location.
Anyone go through this swap and live to tell? I would love details! At least keep me from making serious errors.
Picture is what i started with. engine already 1100. End result to have 83 tank shell, fairings, gauges and front fork assembly onto 78.
will put more pics as i go along.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
imported post

The 83 tank is to long to fit but the 83 faux tank will fit. Here is a thread on a project which includes some of the mods your talking about. Unfortunately it's talking a back seat to other commitments right now, as is the B-Girl.

SabreWing

steve

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks.
sounds like you have bee there before. Do you know specifically in which way the tank is too long? there is no rear tire in frame of trike, open space. if 78 side covers will still fit W/83 tank in place, would be great. Otherwise have to cut up and braise 2 perfectly good tanks to swap filler neck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.