Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Went to WalMart the other day to get some oil and decided to walk around to see if there was something there that would make a good cushion for the seat on the wing. I had some material I had purchased, so I was looking for something cheap, that I could just use as a cushion, and would cut it to shape and cover it for a seat cushion.

I strolled into the bath department because it was between bedding and the house hold goods where they have cushions for chairs. On an end cap, they had Bath Matts that were Memory Foam mats. It was perfect! So I got one for $12........ Not perfect but much much better!

I just used a couple small rope bungees to hold it in place. It's folded in half, and were the fold is and bungees are, there are creases or folds already in the mat.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

So.....does it work? How much difference does it make?

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

So.....does it work? How much difference does it make?

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

Grrrr.....another blasted double post.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i put a old couch cusion on mine and it helped alot better than spending tons on seat cushions and air pads ect.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Actually, I have only been on short rides with it, but yes, so far it works great! Very confy so far.

Going to The N. E. M&G tomorrow so will be able to tell you more after the weekend.....

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

Why not just buy the gel seat cushion wal mart has for a car or ATV? I have one from WalMart for a car that fits very nicely on the wing.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

They didn't have them here. The only thing close was a camouflage hard piece of foam for tree stands......... Or the Bath Mat...

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

might have to try something like that on my next trip to elim some knee pain I have started to experience on trips

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

TXRLGL1500 wrote:
might have to try something like that on my next trip to elim some knee pain I have started to experience on trips
One thing I liked about the gel pad form Wal-Mart was that it raised me up and lessen the knee bend. It wasn't much but felt a lot better.

On a note about the gel pad, one thing I didn't like was, even though I was setting o it so it wasn't in the sun it still warmed up a lot when the temperature got hot. One thing I haven't tried is using the gel pad under my sheep skin :) I don't think the memory foam would act the same way as the gel.

I also saw the thread using the bike tire. Seems my walmart carries the smaller diameter of the tubes :) so still haven't been able to make one. Tried with the small diameter and couldn't get it work worth a darn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.