Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends.. So I was side swiped and brushed off the road last week by someone who didn't see me in their blind spot. After I bailed the bike hit a curb and slid down the sidewalk.

Today the lights turn on and fuel pump runs but I get no engine turn. The bike dumped it's gas and oil at the scene. It was a fairly low speed incedent so I have some hope for the bike still.

Id Love to know the 86 Sei has a tip over switch protocol or what my diagnosis steps should be. Thanks!

·
Administrator
24,668 Posts
It has a tip over switch but it does not affect the start circuit. Is the neutral light on? Have you tried pulling in the clutch? Does the starter solenoid click or do you get nothing?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Try pulling the plugs, if the bike laid on its side a while you may have dumped a carb's fuel into a cylinder and be hydrolocked.

·
Registered
590 Posts
SEi.... Guess I need to read more closely, I stand corrected...... It was a thought anyway.

·
Magic Moderator
4,339 Posts
Under the trunk there's a series of LEDs on the ECM and there should be a chart in the owners manual that will indicate if something is malfunctioning, good chance something may have gotten jarred.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just for grins, you may want to remove the negative battery cable and then reconnect after a few minutes. Leave the positive cable connected. See, if by chance, this does some sort of a reset.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts