Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,653 Posts
What problem are you having? If you set it to "1" it shouldn't affect the dive.

I suppose if you went inside the units, you could disable them completely somehow.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
What problem are attributing to the anti dive system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What problem are attributing to the anti dive system?
i might be going in the wrong direction i,m building a vw trike and a friend gave me these off a 1984 Honda 1200a Goldwing they work great but when taking of the front end comes up about 2 inches other that that they work great it does have a small wobble when i let go of bars thanks for the reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry let me go this way .when i leave from a stop light when i give it the gas the wheel stays on the ground but the front of the trike lifts up about 1 1/2 then comes back down

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,653 Posts
As said, anti-dive only activates when the brakes are applied. Your symptoms, if I understand what you are saying, indicate that the springs are too short.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That sounds normal anyway. Unless it is topping out. Weight shifting to the rear is going to happen.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
512 Posts
Since this is a trike with a VW engine in the rear, you are going to get front end lift. Anti dive does not stop the front end from lifting. It's purpose is to stop the front from diving.

·
Premium Member
6,725 Posts
sorry let me go this way .when i leave from a stop light when i give it the gas the wheel stays on the ground but the front of the trike lifts up about 1 1/2 then comes back down
i might be going in the wrong direction i,m building a vw trike and a friend gave me these off a 1984 Honda 1200a Goldwing they work great but when taking of the front end comes up about 2 inches other that that they work great it does have a small wobble when i let go of bars thanks for the reply
All normal. As for the "wobble' when you take your hands off the bars that has been beat to death and the answer is ......don't take your hands off the bars. The front end rise is just physics. You might be able to limit the rise by cutting the front springs shorter but be careful. If you cut off too much the front will bottom on bumps.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Have you not noticed in a car that it lifts to the right on a take off(way worse on a heavy commercial) its because the pinion is trying to climb the crown wheel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts