Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is it a major stripdown job to replace the light bulbs on the lcdinstrument display onmy 1986 1200 Aspencadeas mine dont appear to be as bright as they were at night anymore:(.

Malc.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

Depends on what you concider to be major. Steady-on, a careful hour should let you see the rear of the instrument pod. Rotate mirrors, fairing trim piece, windshield- headlight chin piece- headlight, (don't kink adjustment cables).

Not real hard, just don't get in a hurry and scratch the wind screen.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for that Shooter i just thought that there would have been an easier way than having to remove the headlamp, mirrors and screen etc. I should have replaced them when i fitted the new screen with hindsight :gunhead:.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

If it's any use, I can e-mail you the instruction pages from my workshop manual. Send me a PM if you need them.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Malc Force wrote:
Thanks for that Shooter i just thought that there would have been an easier way than having to remove the headlamp, mirrors and screen etc. I should have replaced them when i fitted the new screen with hindsight :gunhead:.
Do you need to remove the headlamp as well? I though it was just the screen trim and screen, then the radio and speakers.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the offer Jason i already have the manual i just thought that someone may have a short cut to justremoving the bulbs rather than the whole assembly. i suppose i am being a bit lazy, its not urgent so i Will do it when the weather picks up a bit.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It really isn't much of a job, I changed mine when I got the bike. Considering they probably had been in there 18+ years, if I'm still kicking when I'm 80 someone else can do it. It would have been nice if there was a dimmer on the lights so they weren't on all the time in daylight. Probably never lose one if you could turn them off when not needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.