Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello,

I have a 84' Aspencade and I get a lot of radio static and at times on the highway, i get loud squelching noise :Xand can't even hear the radio. Any help how to either reduce or eliminatethe static.

Thanks,

Greg

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I remember reading about this problem herejust recentlybut can't remember the thread. Do a search and seewhat come up.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

If the sound isa loud feedbak type, you probably have a short in the wires somewhere. Most likely the short will be a the connection point of the drivers connection to the bike. It is possible that the control module is where the bad connection is, but I doubt it, that is a stationary point and the drivers connection is the most used and most ofted wears quickest.If it is at the module, you will more than likely need to go in under the ferring to find it.

If it is a buzzing noise (kind of like a car radio without resistor type spakplugs) it is something you will have to live with. Mine does it and I just turn down the intercom to a point where it is acceptable and I can still hear my passenger. When you are riding, hit your brakes to the point where your brake lights come on and see if the noise stopps. If it does,you may be able to bypass your ignition switch and eliminate the engine noise.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks,

I will check it out and see what I come up with. I do not have an intercom system on the bike.

Greg

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

Yes, I answered assuming you were using one also.

If not, my answer may not fit your problem.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds to me like you've got a poor connection to your antenna, check the cable from the antenna to the radio something's likely loose or corroded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.