Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have the Poorboy kit on my 1984 Interstate I am looking to add some Auxiliary lighting to the front.

I have been looking at the Showchrome 52-104X mount and then choosing the lights I want for that bar.

If you could please post some pics of any auxillary lighting mounts you have I would appreciate it.

If you know what mount you are using that would help as well.
I am mostly looking for good driving lights without breaking the bank so let me know what you have found works well would be great

Thanks in Advance.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I have these on the bottom of the crash bars with 35w bulbs:

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/chrome_bullet_halogen_light/83/4850

then strip white leds 6 inch from memory, from here: http://www.radiantz.com/ placed on edge of crash bars up from the bullet lights.

replaced the headlight with a brighter bulb while staying within the recommended OEM
size changed the position lights from 4w to 6w

the idea was to triangulate the light at the front of the bike, so far it has worked well, I'm informed by my friends who ride, that road presence is excellent.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Oldishwinger any chance I could see a picture of your bike from the front?

UBarW - I do like the look of those bullet lights, they have a nice classy look to them.

As I start prepping for the long days with a long commute on either end and living here in the Pacific Northwet now, I really want to make sure I can "light up" the road and side brush.

Most of the highway choice is 2 lane with limited lighting or the freeways and the Narrows Bridge(not a best plan on the latter).

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
On a GL1500

This is what I ddi on my GL1500 to add Aux. Lights for night driving.
I found "Burner" brand driving lights at Wal*mart. 55 watts each side for about $25. Then I mounted them on a chrome fairing skirt I had that I bent outwards to create a mounting bracket. I added a relay (about $5) and some wiring...

3 years almost now and I was astounded how bright they are - even last night as I rode home from work in the dark. I can really light up the ditches to give me some warnign about deer that may be considering suicide by motorcycle.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Thanks. Oldishwinger any chance I could see a picture of your bike from the front?

UBarW - I do like the look of those bullet lights, they have a nice classy look to them.

As I start prepping for the long days with a long commute on either end and living here in the Pacific Northwet now, I really want to make sure I can "light up" the road and side brush.

Most of the highway choice is 2 lane with limited lighting or the freeways and the Narrows Bridge(not a best plan on the latter).
IMHO, the led lights that I put in are just as bright as the original, but draw less than the halogen...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.