Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The book says if this is the first re-build that you will have to drill out a factory plug to do a good cleaning, and the Halasz book shows the plug on the LEFT side of the carb, and that seems true for carb # 3,,, but Carb # 1 looks like it is on the RIGHT side
Confusing ?? Hell Yes !!!
Can anyone help me get my panties out of a wad by telling me for sure,???

Thank You
Steve-O

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

Sure, stand up straight, grab each side of your panties with each hand, and pull outwards, that should straighten out that wad, if not , repeat...

For your real question, I have no idea.

Have a Blessed day

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks JAR, that worked like a charm, now if I can find out what the frick to do with this mess of Carb parts !!!!!!!!

:lash:

Steve-O

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

20,000 comedians out of work and he's trying to be funny !!!!!!

:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

Seriously, I think they are referring to a plug that is over the idle mixture screws. They are under the throttle shafts front of the carburetor on the front carbs, and back of the carbs on the rear carbs. Most carburetors from that era on were "sealed" so mechanics couldn't do things to feed in to Al Gore's climate change theory.

If that isn't it then put all the parts in a baggie and shake well. A little flour, salt and pepper will help things along.

Lyle

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

sorry man, but I hope it made you smile just a bit

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

It was totally Hilarious and I certainly needed a smile, and I DID find my answer and for those looking for the SAME answer, The FACTORY plug that needs drilled out on the 1200 carbs that covers the idle mixture screw is as follows: On Carb # 1 and # 4 the plug is on the RIGHT side,,, On Carb # 2 and # 3 it is on the LEFT side of the Carb !!
That is from the gentleman who published the Master Re-build book !
I HOPE that this saves someone else from getting THEIR Panties in a WAD !!!

Steve-O (b679995)

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

If it works for him works for me. Didn't know they came in that size.

Cautionary Tale: When I did my first and only carb rebuild I didn't realize they had already been drilled and I mistakenly drilled the wrong soft plug........don't do that!

·
Honda Guru
2,014 Posts
imported post

When you drill out the plugs be very careful. You don't want to drill HARD so that the drill goes through the plug and catches the fuel screw. The drill will instantly spin the mixture screw into the carb body and maybe break it off or lodge it so hard into the carb body that it won't come out.
Drill 'gently'... let the speed of the drill do the work; not pressure on the drill.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks very much to all who helped calm my nerves and steer me in the right direction,
I need to have FlyOne send me a THONG to wear during trying times, there's not enough material there to get WADDED Up,,,Thanks to a Great bunch of guys, I ask GOD to Bless each and every one of you !!!

Steve-O (b679995)

:bow:

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

hope it works out for ya, I see you have GOD on your side so, what could be any better.

Ya, a thong would solve that problem for sure :)

I see we are almost neighbors, well within 60 miles I would say.

GOD Bless,
jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.