Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know that there was a recent discussion on these in general (and I weighed in on disliking the ones I tried on my '78 1000). so here is my question....

my wife is 5'10" tall and hates the ergonomics of the seat/leg/footpegs of her 1200. She has tried sitting further back, but as we all know thw stock 1200 seat (besides being poorly made) doesn't allow that very well.

I saw on sabre-cycle driver floorboards that are $300... a bit pricey, but if anyone has had experience with these please let me know.

thanks, Rodger

Attachments

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Mick O Pegs are better and I think cheaper. Not sure if they make a set for the GL1200 but someone will know alredy and post later.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Rodger, When I bought my 1200 it had floor boards and a heal / toe shifter on it and I hated them. I didn't have the stock pegs, so I rode it with the floor boards. After getting used to it, I like them now. I'm 6' tall and the floor boards sit a bit lower than the pegs, giving a bit more leg room. Also, I can move my feet around a bit for comfort. Plus it looks good.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
imported post

Don't know if all 1200's are the same, but my '84 Aspencade has an adjustable seat.

I'm 6-3 and was kinda cramped until I found the adjustment. It slides about 2" to the

rear. Have to look under the gas filler cover for the adjuster. Its a lever looking thing

to the rear of the filler area...shydog

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

unfortunately the adjustment for the interstate isn't that good, you can slide it back about an inch or so. I don't kow about the 1500's and 1800's but the earlier wings really do have a cramped position for the legs and footpegs. While it took some getting used to the different position, I do have to say that my road king has the most relaxed sitting/leg position.

wow.... my first bike was a CB360T... six whole gears to shift through

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
imported post

My 86 GL1200 SEI has Fold Up Adjustable Foot-boards mounted on the engine case guards at there most forward point. They were with the bike when I bought it and unfortunately there is not any identification on either of them telling who the manufacturer is. With these boards, my feet are almost 18" forward of the standard pegs. I'm 6' and with my seat adjusted all the way to the rear this is really comfortable for me. I looked in JC Whitney's catalog, on page 125, there are two models for sale for GL 1500's and GL 1800's. The picture on the left side of this ad look real similar to the ones on my GL 1200 but the mount is quite different. I wonder if these would work for your GL 1200? Also, on page 43 they offer Fold Up Highway Boards. I don't see why these wouldn't work on your GL 1200 and they are the same size as the ones on mine. There is a better picture of these on page 104.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.