Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

many years ago I installed an exhaust extension, worthless but expensive. It must have trapped moisture at eh point where the exhaust pipe flares out at the end. After about 3 years the whole thing dropped off, completely rusted out.
Not wanting to bankrupt the family or sell the firstborn I visited the local Canadian Tire auto parts store and picked up some exhuast pipe extensions etc did a little welding. The repair has held together for the past 15 years. With it being under the side luggage boxes you really cant see it. Here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

That is a great trick Tricky:), I like it, it is hard to see in the picture , but are the tips of the extensions still chrome? I might try to do something like that to mine.:weightlifter:

:12red::cooldj:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes they are painted with heat resistant paint. Although the original pieces were galvanised when I welded them of course tha plating was burnt off. I didnt bother crome plating them as you can see here you really cant see them, I just put enough of a downturn to get the exhast fumes below the light bar.
I did make them removable so that I could in fact repair or replace if needed however that hasnt been the case.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

This is how I made them. I welded a stubby piece to the existing muffler then clamped the slotted piece over that then made a clamping ring that tightened up with two bolts

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Well done tricky, thats called using your head! Those stock exhausts on the 1200 always rot there anyway and eventually fall off. the weight of the aftermarket extensions just helps them fall off sooner.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
That is a great trick Tricky:)
Hey tricky :waving: So thats how you got your handle, :clapper:because you can create tricks. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.