Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All, Thanks for all the great information.
I've been rebuilding an 87 Aspencade, got it running and licensed and all is well. However the fairing has a crack and around the pockets it is falling apart. Does anyone know what other year fairing will fit on the 87? It's the only year apparently with horizontal vents in the lower side pieces so I'm not sure what else might be different. There is an 85 on ebay ( I'd like to get but I can't find any info as to wheather it would fit or not.

http://tinyurl.com/y2wwhk
Thanks, Carl

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing site Banjo! :waving::waving:

There isn't any difference, the horizontal louvers in the radiator outlet can snap out and be replaced with the older style. I had an '86 SEI that had an '85 Aspy fairing on it. The '86 SEI is the same as the '87 fairing other than I'm not sure if they all that turning lights on the lowers. Also the LTD/SEI had marker lights on the sides of the fairing while the ASPY had reflectors. But they will interchange.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Good deal Paul, very glad to hear that, I'm sure it would be much easier to replace the fairing (even if I have to paint it) than all the repairing necessary to fix this one.
BIG Thank you!
Carl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.