Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am wanting some floorboards and a heel toe shifter for my 1200,Which ones are best?

I am thinking some usedMarklands, but needto know if thereare others.

Thanks, Dean

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I had floorboards on my 1200 along with a heel and toe shifter. Ended up taking them off. I didn't like the floorboards and the shifter was sloppy and poorly built. I'd avoid the type like that below because it has undersized bronze bearings and the mounting bracket is too flexible and poorly attached to the bike. The result is a sloppy feeling shifter that makes shifts feel like crunching instead of clicking through the gears.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I appreciate the info,,,I wondered about the shifter with all the extensions ect...Have you ridden your new 1500 enough to know if you like it better or not....I know someone who got a 1500 and ended up selling it and buying another 1200,, he said he just liked the 1200 better,, said it rode better and had more character, whatever that means.....

Dean

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
I appreciate the info,,,I wondered about the shifter with all the extensions ect...Have you ridden your new 1500 enough to know if you like it better or not....I know someone who got a 1500 and ended up selling it and buying another 1200,, he said he just liked the 1200 better,, said it rode better and had more character, whatever that means.....

Dean
I don't think there's any danger of getting rid of the 1500. I find it more nimble as slow speeds, cleaner shifting and the six cylinder engine is silky smooth. On the other hand I did like the fuel injection on my 1200SEI, never had to warm it up like I do with the 1500. You could start the SEI on the coldest day and then take off with no hesitation or roughness, the 1500 wants to warm up for a minute or two before it's happy to go. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with inserting pictures, but here's the attachment for the type shifter linkage I didn't think much of.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Paul,

Glad you like the 1500, it sure looks good,It is probably better on the engine that you let it warm up a minute or 2 anyway........ thanks, for the photo of the shifter,I will stay away from it.....a guy told me he was using the markland floorboards with his original shifter and brake pedal....that might be ok.... I have some boards that came with the bike that fastened to the crash bars...I took them off, very uncomfortable and I could not really relax my legs.....I can do ok with just the pegs, but thought the boards would be more comfortable....I can rest my feet on the crash bars about as good as the add on boards I have......Do you use the type 2 antifreeze in you bikes?

Dean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.