Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I replaced the fork seals on my 1200. Used the All Balls kit. Everything went well I thought but now both of them are leaking. The tubes are clean and smooth. I followed All Balls instructions. I believe I put the seals in the right way up. Used ATF for fork fluid. I had the shop manual there for guidance.

Something went wrong. What might it be?

Lyle

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Might be upside down.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

If they are both leaking, it sounds like you might have them upside down. I had the same issue when I did mine, one of them leaked. When I pulled it out, it looked like it had rolled in on itself. I think I either had some of the PVC pipe that I used to pound it in place with break off and get caught in it, or I hit it with the screw driver when I seated the snap ring. Don't remember doing it, but could have.

On the bright side, what took me 8 hours to do the first time only took me two hours to do the second time.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

On the AllBalls seal, which side is UP? Their instructions are a bit vague and too small to read well.

Thank you,

Lyle

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

lyleapgmc wrote:
On the AllBalls seal, which side is UP? Their instructions are a bit vague and too small to read well.

Thank you,

Lyle
I've never seen AllBalls seals but with most seals it's easy to tell.
The side where you can see the inner working goes to the pressure side, in this case down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.