Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my center stand spring finally gave up the ghost is there an easy way to replace the spring (just purchased one from eBay). Thx

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Hi my center stand spring finally gave up the ghost is there an easy way to replace the spring (just purchased one from eBay). Thx
This will sound strange but the easiest way is to puah a screwdriver between the coils one by one and then slide a nickel in there. You can use quarters if you are rich. Just keep adding until the spring is long enough to install easily, To get your money back lower the stand. . :)

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
333 Posts

·
Administrator
27,106 Posts
This will sound strange but the easiest way is to puah a screwdriver between the coils one by one and then slide a nickel in there. You can use quarters if you are rich. Just keep adding until the spring is long enough to install easily, To get your money back lower the stand. . :)
I'm so cheap I use pennies. Reminds me of a story. A guy goes into a hardware store looking for a washer, it cost 15 cents. He says ' that's too much, I'll drill a hole in a quarter'. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bellboy40

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I'm so cheap I use pennies. Reminds me of a story. A guy goes into a hardware store looking for a washer, it cost 15 cents. He says ' that's too much, I'll drill a hole in a quarter'. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I can squeeze a nickel so hard I can make the Indian ride the buffalo.
:oops:

·
Administrator
27,106 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts