Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

OKAY--I've read/the threads: I looked @ the pictures/tools, etc.. I've done lots of auto-hub bearings, yet, am stuck...my 1200 rear hub/wheel doesn't look too much like the detailed thread on bearing removal, it's prob on the 1100..Question #1---do I have to remove the wheel coupler/star like drive gear with the nuts/etc..on the right side of the wheel??
#2 does my 1200 have the bearing ring retainer? I don't see anyplace/thing like the detailed diy thread has you drilling it out, etc...
#3 Do (as in an auto) the bearings go out one each way, or both out, to the right? thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

Answers to your questions:

1. Yes. The bearing is in the wheel, and the rear drive is on top of this. You need to disconnect the drive shaft, back the wheel out, then pull the drive off the wheel (it just pulls off).

2. No, it does not.

3. The OEM bearings are open on the inside (the side facing the wheel), and sealed on the outside. Most aftermarket bearings are sealed on both sides. They are not tapered, so they can go in either way.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks so much.... Also: I noticed all the detailed threads on the actual bearing removal(s) tools, etc., are those all necessary for the 1200A? ....

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks!!!---the wheel coupler (as you said) pulled/pryed out in a heartbeat, then it all made sense, the coupler side bearing fell right out, the caliper side drove out easily with a socket....got it...I'm still going to make up a set of those nifty bearing removal tools, though as they look like they could really help, if your bearing sticks---etc...

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thanks.... The 1200A rear wheel bearing(s) remove VERY differently from the 1100's.... I was all psyched out with drilling, retainer rings, etc.... None of those on the 1200A... now just to get it all back together, as soon as my Moly 60/overnight arrives...my local dealers are very weak... thanks again, jim

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

One lesson I've learned., change your tires...at about 1-3 years, irregardless of the tread left, etc., my 03 tires that looked new, literally flew apart in a week's time... without warning... they only had about 7K miles on them, total., and looked perfect...

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

84AspJimCalif wrote:
Thanks!!!---the wheel coupler (as you said) pulled/pryed out in a heartbeat, then it all made sense, the coupler side bearing fell right out, the caliper side drove out easily with a socket....got it...I'm still going to make up a set of those nifty bearing removal tools, though as they look like they could really help, if your bearing sticks---etc...
if the bearings came out to easy you might want to look hard at the wheel to ensure that it is not warped and or damaged by a bad install or such from p.o. since your there already:action:

Ride Safe, Ray:waving:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.