Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

as some of you may know my 1200 was getting stuck/unstuck in third so I have replaced the external shift mechnism... fired her up and darn another oil leak...

HOWEVER, the OD light was on (in neutral) and no neutral light. Is this the sensor attached to the tranmission cover? any thoughts on getting it right? Since I had to remove the cover to fix the leak anyway.

I am getting REALLY good at removing the tranmission cover at this point

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Yah, that sounds like the sensor!

I've never been lucky enough to have to dig in there, but I'm sure someone else could shed some light on your predicament. Do you have a clymer, or facotry service manual? If not, I'd get my hands on one soon.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The sensor is just lined up wrong, it's a common error when refitting the cover. Did you manage to fix the stuck gear problem?

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
as some of you may know my 1200 was getting stuck/unstuck in third so I have replaced the external shift mechnism... fired her up and darn another oil leak...

HOWEVER, the OD light was on (in neutral) and no neutral light. Is this the sensor attached to the tranmission cover? any thoughts on getting it right? Since I had to remove the cover to fix the leak anyway.

I am getting REALLY good at removing the tranmission cover at this point

You really need to try and repair that neutral/OD circuit as it also controls the ignition advance function on the 1200 carbureted Wing. Top 2 gears use engine vacuum and lower 3 gears use engine RPM.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

waiting for a part from bikebandit... the metal sleeve for the oil was slightly bent (hence the leak)... but I am having a sense of one-ness with my machine... nah, almost intimacy

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
imported post

I did the same thing when I changed the water pump on my 1100. I seem to remember just removing the case again, putting it in neutral then moving the sensor until the neutral light came on then lining up the case and putting it back together. I doubt if it's that simple on the 1200.I know what you mean, I'm fast becoming one with my new/old 1200 after 3 weeks of ownership and after the removal of every bodypiece, brake caliper, tires, forks, cambelts etc. But when the nice weather hits no worries, just miles for this old puppy.;)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I was able to line up the sensor. It was a little tricky in that the sensor had to be grounded to the frame... so there I am with a wrench lining it up whilst my wife is saying nothin, nothing, OD nothing..... neutral

gotta love these bikes. Now waiting for a replacment on the oil sleeve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.