Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok all ive been looking at 1200 timing belt covers and i like the look of them and was wondering if they would fit an 1100 . Then i was looking at an 1200 and saw the front brakes and thought if they would fit at the brakes look the same but the 1200 discs has the grove cut in them and was thinking it might help with braking and any heat build up . Ijust thought some one out there might know

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Now i guess i should of said the discs i was looking at where from an 86 for sale on Ebay . They dont look vented like other 1200 discs ive seen

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I doubt timing belt covers would fit 1100 or are you talking about the plastic/chrome ones, you might be able to fit them.

Interstate models did not have the vented front rotors.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

ok thanks i was thinking the bolt holes on the 1200 covers might be off a little for the 1100 the rotors look the same as 83 rotors but just have groves cut in them . Guess theres only one way to find out and thats buy some and see if they fit

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

The EBC catalog shows the front discs from a GL1100 and GL1200 not compatible with each other.

GL1100 shows an MD1036xx
GL1200 shows an MD1083xx

The GL1200 engine is wider, so I highly doubt the covers would match up.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

I think the 1200 engine is a little wider than the 1100 so the covers would work. You can get aftermarket rotors that are dilled, I have one on my rear brake cause good used rear rotors are hard to find

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.