Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1986 Aspencade.The po must have overtightened the rear axle.I say this cause when I changed the rear tire and reinstalled the assembly and tightened the axle nut the bolt holding the plastic cover to the rear rubbed on the wheel.I took things apart again and found the spacer/collar was crushed/mushroomed making it shorter.I ordered the correct part from Cheap Cycle Parts and it's too short.My part measures 104mm long and their part measures 98.5mm.Rick was very helpful and called Honda and all of their parts measure the same.What gives??Did someone sub a different year differential into my bike,how can I tell??

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i'm not sure what plastic thing you mentioned, i think you'll find that the spacers are made to look like that, can you post as piccy as norman suggested

you should have two collars one on the left side off the caliper bracket and one on the right side of the caliper bracket, are these the one that you mean?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi,sorry I took so long to get back to this post.The spacer/collar is on the other side from what you pictured.On the right side between the differential and the wheel bearing. thanks for the picture wish I had a digital camera!

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

Maybe the spacer that goes between the wheel bearings?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.