Discussion Starter #1
imported post

got the drive spline spider out of the back wheel,

do i grease the spindles or put i back dry

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Lost my manual and most of my memory, but as I recall, you grease them--with Moly 60--. The ones you don't grease are when the insets are made of the aluminum alloy, such as in some of the 1500 wheels. But a wise person would wait for more confirmation on this.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

it does'nt say in the manual, it just tells you to grease the splines, there was no grease on the spindles when i took it off and doesnt look like there ever has been,

i'll just hold back awhile and await a reply.

cheers, ed

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Hi *******, I think you had better check all the gears, as you may need a whole new rear end. How long have you been riding like this? Meaning the rear end with no grease that you know of. Have you owned the bike since new? I grease mine every 2 seasons [riding]. I don't know how long your riding season is there. Again, over your way if you ride all year, then I guess you would have to go by milage. But as posted before, use Moly 60. :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

the splines are ok, there was plenty of grease on them, it was just the spider spindles where there was no grease, the grease that was there is brown stuff, it wasnt moly fer sure, i bought a tub of moly 60, dam expensive stuff, any way it go degreased and is now coated with moly, have'nt done the spindles yet though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.