Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, I never thought I would have to buy them but I lost my left bag lid ridding to work yesterday. Luckily a local mechanic had a spare lid in the same color as mine and I boought the lid teathers for them too! That's a 110 dollar boo boo!:shock:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

You got off easy, my brother in law had to pay over 200 for his that blew off and that was after serveral months of my telling him how easy it is to put ropes on them. When he got the new one he put ropes on it.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Your right, the local mechanic told me Honda charges 219.00 for one and that's without the hardware. Jus this past weekend I was at a Yamaha Triples rally and one guy there ask me why I din't have them on. I think he just jinxed me!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

It's a good idea to buy the aftermarket tethers for the side panels as well. I lost one last year and it ended up in a field. Took me about 20 minutes to recover it, lucky there was no damage.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

A small bungee cord about a foot long and with small end hooks attached to each of the side covers and passing thru the bike works well. Enough stretch to allow cover removal. An ounce of prevention.

Hawker22

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

The teathers that came on my 1200 are store bought, but simple enough they could be made rather than purchased.

Just get 2 pairs of thick shoe strings, per your liking. Using "eye" type wire connector ends, slip them on the ends of the shoe string, cut to about 10 or 12 inches. Crimp the ends on the shoe string and fasten under the buckle mounting screws.

When you take the lid off, it will rest on the lower outside of the saddlebag. Make the strings long enough the lid will rest against chrome rather than paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.