imported post

1200 seats by hartco does anyone know about this product please let know

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

plainmech wrote:
1200 seats by harco does anyone know about this product please let know
was that "harco" or did you mean "Hartco". I have a Hartco seat on my 1800. it not only looks great but is very comfortable. a little pricey but then all custom saddles are. nice people to deal with as well.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I GOT A LIKE NEW GL 1200 SEAT IN BROWN I NEED TO SELL !

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I love mine. What is it you want to know? Here's some pics of mine on my '86.
'86 Aspencade

John

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

curious about price, break in, is it thicker than oem. thank you

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

great looking bike. where did you get speaker grills and dash goodies. seat, what would be reasonable price i've been bidding on the seat on ebay

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

plainmech wrote:
curious about price, break in, is it thicker than oem. thank you
Hartco's price for the 1200 seat, backrest and passenger backrest cover is around $700-$800 last I checked. Break in varies by the person, but probably around 1000 miles. The thickness depends on the person they build it for. It is built to suit the size of person that is using it. The foam inside is firmer than the stock foam though, which is what you want for touring. The softer foam compacts and you end up sitting on the seat pan.

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

plainmech wrote:
great looking bike. where did you get speaker grills and dash goodies. seat, what would be reasonable price i've been bidding on the seat on ebay
Thanks! The speaker grills and a lot of the other chrome came with the bike when I bought it, so not sure where the original owner got the stuff. There is still much of it available at several online stores though. Wingstuff has one of the larger selections, but they're a bit slow on shipping.
http://www.wingstuff.com

What's a reasonable price is what you are willing to pay. ;) I don't know what his reserve is on the 1200 seat on ebay, but I'm guessing over $300. He sells a quite a few of them, so if you don't win this one there will likely be another listed soon.

John

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

thanks alot you've been helpful

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Glad to help. :)