1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all

Brill site huh???

Couldanyone please tell me the air pressure I should put into the rear suspension of my 1200 Interstate. It is fitted with a HUGE sidecar and I always have a pillion (my wife Loopy:)).

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Mark, Welcome to the best Wing site! My 1200A says to check the pressure with the bike on the center stand, not the side stand. Can you still do that with the sidecar? If not, you may a bit more pressure to make up for the weight of the bike. Just don't overdo it!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'd be real careful about going too high on the airshocks, let me tell you it's a PITA to replace the seals!:whip:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks everyone...for the info..and the welcome:waving:

When I got the bike it had been stood for about 2 years and the pressure was only 20psi. I pumped it up to 35 and it was not too bad solo but when I added the huge sidecar and pillion (um..not huge pillion I hasten to add!!..she would kill me!) the centre stand hit every bump in the road. Nowhave pumped it to what you said and the and back end has come up about 4". Brilliant:clapper:

If you are interested there is a pic of the bike & sidecar on our local web site in the 'photos' section 2005 photos bit..on http://www.cheshireandmerseysidewings.org.uk

Thanks again..oh yes..I will buy a book;)

Cheers

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.