Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 395 Posts

· Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
imported post

also. drilled out the idle mix screw holes and found every screw at a different setting.

1=1/4 turn out

2=2.1/4 turns out

3=0 turns out(tight)

4=1 turn out.

makes you wonder. but the inside of the carbs looks clean

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,608 Posts
imported post

I've loved reading this string. Almost makes me, the biggest motard here, feel like I could do the same.

· Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
imported post

Ruaidh wrote:
I've loved reading this string. Almost makes me, the biggest motard here, feel like I could do the same.
you could, just take lots of pics. helps with the reassembly especially if you get interupted alot(such as work, girlfriends, fires on the freeway two streets over with embers landing on your shake roof)(that happened tonight) got a bad pic of the flames just popping over the roof of the apartments two street over. started when someone in a motorhome drove down the freeway with a tire off the rim, and the sparks from that started a stretch of the vegetation on 17/880n on fire.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,092 Posts
imported post

Suggestion.. Take that front air deflector off and paint it flat (or gloss) black.. that's how they came from the factory..

I admire your work on this bike.. My 86 Aspy looks just as clean and bright.. These old 1200's are (in my eyes) the most beautifully designed and well built of the GoldWings.

I am impressed!!! :cooler:

· Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Suggestion.. Take that front air deflector off and paint it flat (or gloss) black.. that's how they came from the factory..

I admire your work on this bike.. My 86 Aspy looks just as clean and bright.. These old 1200's are (in my eyes) the most beautifully designed and well built of the GoldWings.

I am impressed!!! :cooler:
thanks, you can't tell from the pic, but it's painted flat black. :)

· Premium Member
7,084 Posts
imported post

Thishas turned out to bea great thread, I don't know how I didn't get to look at it until now. Well done Gambler. :clapper:

· Postpubescent member
35,721 Posts
imported post

Gambler wrote:
getting closer.
I'm shocked, is that a rusty clamp on the engine guard?

· Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Gambler;

Thanks for taking the effort to post your restoration. Its very inspiring. :clapper:

· Postpubescent member
35,721 Posts
imported post

Gambler wrote:
ahhhhhhhhhhhh
:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:Man I can feel the Vibes!!:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

:jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:

:toast::cooler::band::bananas::banana::alco::blackstuff::cooler::D:goofygrin:

· Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
imported post

:)thanks for the support guys, I'm not done yet. I was just getting antsy not knowing how the motor would run, so I hung the fairing on with one bolt and connected the wires so the gauges would work. started right up, 1st and second work, so thats good news. next is rebuilding the calipers and getting the brakes to work.

also have some plastic repair to do to the trunk, and of course remove more rust and corrosion.

I will keep posting pics 'till it's done, or you guys get tired of it.:action:

201 - 220 of 395 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.