Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just read Rudy's detailed a nd very visual guide to 1500 timing belts. Thanks Rudy.:clapper:

Has anyone done a similar guide for the 1200 (87 Aspencade for me)? I'm sure there must be enough differences to warrant a different guide.;)

This is my first wing and I'm a little nervous about something this critical to engine life.

Also any help in the Minnesota area would be appreciated when the weather warms up.:waving:

I'll just shut up and listen now. Thanks:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

Go to Naked Goldwings and read Octanes tuitorial on belt changes. Pay particular attention as how to tighten up right side belts. I used it for my belt change over and was perfect. You might want to copy it and have it by your side when you do the job.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

:dude:That's exactly what I was hoping for :dude:

You guys have done it again.

I downloaded the pdf and will have it by my side when I test out the theory that any moron can do it.:DI'm just the one to do the test:D

Thanks to Octane, Whiskerfish and Wingnut for making this the most informative collective of Goldwingers.

:cooldj:Let the fun begin :cooldj:

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. It truly is a wonder of the Wing World. I know, trademark GWRRA.

I followed the guide, and the Clymer manual, when I replaced my 1980 1100's belts about a year ago. Very understandable, the nervousness. But it is really a pretty simple job, if you just take it easy and follow the steps in order. I found the hardest part was taking out and putting back the *)($R#(*&@(*&(*&(*& radiator. But I did it, and the bike ran great. Plan to do my 1500 soon, and it will be easier having done one already. Famous last words.

Don't start the engine without pulling it through several times, with the spark plugs out, before hand. Also, I live in New Hope and would be glad to get together with you.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks DickKelso for the words of encouragement and if I get super nervous I'll keep you in mind. It's always nice to know help is nearby, either by the web or in person.

:action:See you on the road this summer:action:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.