Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1200 with only 5v at the positive connection point on the fuse block inside the false tank. couldn't get the horn to work so i started checking some voltages and found i had no voltage at the connection point on the long fuse block that is right in the center of the false tank. found 1 fuse blown which is most likely from one of the horns grounding out.. since fixed the horn connection problem and replaced the fuse. now I only get about 5 V (4.4) at that fuse block.. yes the bike will start and the battery has 12V. Any suggestions as to why the voltage is only 5V?

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
That is the accessory terminal you are checking. Could be the ignition switch or the connector where the fuse block plugs in.

·
Premium Member
5,618 Posts
1200 with only 5v at the positive connection point on the fuse block inside the false tank. couldn't get the horn to work so i started checking some voltages and found i had no voltage at the connection point on the long fuse block that is right in the center of the false tank. found 1 fuse blown which is most likely from one of the horns grounding out.. since fixed the horn connection problem and replaced the fuse. now I only get about 5 V (4.4) at that fuse block.. yes the bike will start and the battery has 12V. Any suggestions as to why the voltage is only 5V?
What are you powering off the terminals? Check again with the wires off. Bet you get 12 volts then. Poor connection as Dave said.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike has an aftermarket horn (single horn with dual tones vrs original 2 horn system), the original low tone horn wires were not secured and were grounding out. problem solved when old loose horn wires were secured. Thanks all for the help and suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.