Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I need to replace my stock height screen on my 1100, and wanted to know if one made for a 1200 would fit. Any ideas? I only ask because I can find 1200 windscreens with the vent already installed, but alas, none for 1100s.

Thanks!

Jack

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Won't work Jack. I know because I tried it. The curve on the fairing where the screen sits is a different shape on both models so it's impossible to get the 1200 screen flat to the 1100 fairing.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That's all I needed to know! Many thanks, FitzAl !

Jack

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
Hi all,

I need to replace my stock height screen on my 1100, and wanted to know if one made for a 1200 would fit. Any ideas? I only ask because I can find 1200 windscreens with the vent already installed, but alas, none for 1100s.

Thanks!

Jack
Tulsa has windshields for the 1100, you might give thema call about vents.

http://www.tulsaenterprises.com/windshields.html#1100

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Hi Jack, The windscreen on the GL500 and 650 Silverwing is the same as the 1100 Goldwing the whole upper section of fairing is the same actually, so in case you find one listed somewhere you,ll know it fits regards Dermot

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

dmking wrote:
Hi Jack, The windscreen on the GL500 and 650 Silverwing is the same as the 1100 Goldwing the whole upper section of fairing is the same actually, so in case you find one listed somewhere you,ll know it fits regards Dermot
Thats right. The old silverwing used the san=me upper fairing, all that was dfferent was the pinstriping detail.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

dmking wrote:
Hi Jack, The windscreen... Dermot
Hey Dermot you want to be careful with that hijacking stuff!:cheeky1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.