Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It aint rocket science
3,970 Posts
Dudeboy check to be sure it is firing correctly. Pull plug wires on one side and insert plugs and watch for spark while cranking over. They should not be sparking at the exact same time. Pull wires on the other side to prevent starting while checking.

You got to get back with answers when someone posts you a question.:coollep:

·
It aint rocket science
3,970 Posts
It aint rocket science and the thing aint going to the moon.

If you had done the tests between this thread and the other one you would know by now what the problem is.

Compression test, visual spark tests, check timing with a timing light and the carb clean for rich-lean tests.

Try spraying a little carb clean down into the intake, just a couple small shots and then maybe a little more. ANY CHANGES.

BTW What did you do to the engine.

·
It aint rocket science
3,970 Posts
Is that the year with the pulse coils in the rear of the engine.

It aint the end of the world if you gotta pull the rack again, look at the bright side only 2 are giving problems.

You gotta know whether it is ign or rich-lean related before starting any work. Once you know that you dig a little deeper into the system so you can zero in on exact parts/components which will cause the problem.

Only get parts in this case as needed, everything should be able to clean up or adjust out.

These guys here know their racks.:)

·
It aint rocket science
3,970 Posts
on the engine I done nothing, I removed the stator because it fell off while running. I know it is difficult to diagnose something when you cant touch it, I am here and I cant do it. I have an idea that it is the carbs. I just hate to pull them. I didn't overhaul them the first time I only cleaned them trying to save a hundred dollars. If you don't do it right the first time how will you ever do it right again? now I have nothing but time...
How is it charging W/O a stator. Diagnosis is not hard if you can follow directions and do as told when it comes to checking things.

You did it your way the first time, take direction and do it right the second time.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.