Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to pull the carbs off (again) but my engine doesn't idle good and if I pull off #3 and 4 plug wires it don't change anything, pull off # 1 or 2 it will die. at faster rpm all pistons are firing but it still don't run good at that. I just put the engine back in and also cleaned the carbs. the bike ran great before I pulled the engine. what would effect only the back two cylinders? a weak coil?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done all this and everything seems OK. without taking it apart I am at a great quandry. same o thing. I have new plugs, new wires, clean carbs, I didn't install carb kits, installed new seals/gaskets.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on the engine I done nothing, I removed the stator because it fell off while running. I know it is difficult to diagnose something when you cant touch it, I am here and I cant do it. I have an idea that it is the carbs. I just hate to pull them. I didn't overhaul them the first time I only cleaned them trying to save a hundred dollars. If you don't do it right the first time how will you ever do it right again? now I have nothing but time...

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How is it charging W/O a stator. Diagnosis is not hard if you can follow directions and do as told when it comes to checking things.

You did it your way the first time, take direction and do it right the second time.:thumbsup:
As I also said, DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. :lash:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I AM AWARE THAT THERE ARE ONLY TWO THINGS TO KEEP AN ENGINE FROM RUNNING ( PROVIDING THE MECHANICS ARE OK) fuel and/or spark. determine which one it is and then take that course. I thought that one of you guys would have a quick and easy answer for me. The best answer was slow down, go to work and fix it. I thank you for all your help...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.