Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

any body got any clues as im new to fuel injection,runs rich like its got the choke on not all the time somtimes it runs ok ish, just cant get the tick over to stay keeps hunting,other than that amazing ride didnt think id like it as have had 14 hawk gt,s but the other half saw the wing and fell in love lol:sadguy:just wish it would run ok no-one seems to know much about it localy they just grin and suck through there teeth

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

As I understand, it is running rich but I don't understand as to "the tick over". What it could be is the throttle position sensor. That basically tells how much fuel to feed the injectors, it could be going out on you. Have you checked the computer to see what code it is displaying? It is located under the trunk. It will show what lights are on and that will help us tell you what is wrong.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
imported post

Has the the throttle body ever been cleaned and resyncronized start checking for cracked vacume hoses too?A vacume hose will make it run rich take in mind these bikes are 26 years old and hoses start breaking down.When has the air filter been changed a Stopped up air filter will make it run rich.Get your hands on a service manual if you can do your on work the only way to totally understand these old bikes is get your hand dirty you will find out these old bikes are really have good engines on them.Good luck and God bless.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

well sounds like its sleeves up vacume hose inspection and also throttle sensor,dose any one still suplly the origonal vacume hoses or can you bye the hose off the roll?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

RobTheHillbilly wrote:
As I understand, it is running rich but I don't understand as to "the tick over".
I think that means idle speed over there Rob. I would spray carb cleaner into the throttle body first.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Before disconnecting and/or cleaning anything please check for fault codes on the travel computer (as Rob mentioned) and post your findings.

It is important to do this first as it is possible to cause a code while performing maintenance. Checking first will allow is to tell the difference between the actual root problem and a possibly self-induced issue. Troubleshoot first. Throttle body cleaning and throttle syncing are all good ideas and things you should do but do the code check thing first. Don't forget that the forward most LED is hard to see.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

:waving:

Howdy across the pond!!!

You really do need to check for fault codes, let us know what you find.

It sounds like you may have a problem with the coolant temp. sensor.

That tells the computer to richen things up when it is cold and lean it out when the engine warms up.

Good luck with the ole bike..... :cheesygrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.