Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi chippy when the vedio finishes have a look at the women crossing the motor way talk about stupity

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Stupid, the man is unalterably stupid.... I've have a son, 24 years old now and on his own bike,but he was little I would take him as pillion -- but never at the ton. Always 55 or 60mph...... lad has a fighting chance if you go down at 55; hardly any at all at 122..... Stupid, unalterably stupid....

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Couldn't agree with you more CJ.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I whole heartedly agree. You will not catch me going over 65 unless I am passing someone. My Preference is 55mph. You get better fuel mileage also, but in some places, people will run over you even at 55. It was a beautiful day in Gadsden, Alabama Today, and I rode for about 4 hours. Had a ball. Should be in the 70's tommorrow. I'm off again!
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

It was 52 and sunny when I left the house at 11AM...I put 131 miles on the bike today.:action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving: Well you LOT :cheeky1: I like that word I learned it from Wexy. Kinda like the Canadian EH!!

Before you all condemn the guy and throw him in jail, stop and think. I will completely agree it was a very dumb thing to do. I think the world of my kids and would never put one in harms way, but people are people and for whatever reason make dumb mistakes and decisions.

I have been known to make a few myself.

Thing is what if they do sentence him and throw him in jail, what then? A 14 year old teenage boy with no father, and maybe even no mother? What good does that do? All that does is put a great hardship on the family. Takes the person who is there to provide income and support to the family away. Then the child you are trying to protect has a life ruined by foster care or governent interference.

The intelligence of goverment people to me are quite worse than the offense many times.

I would simply send him to some type of defensive riding school, make it mandatory he goes, and give him something like 30 hours of community service to be done as can be worked into his job schedule.

Reserve jail for those who debiberatly hurt others, rape, murder, (I have a solution for those people too but not on this forum)

Kit

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

I have to say I agree with Kit, as much as I would like to see the guy behind bars for risking the kids life, doing so is just going to make ht ewhole situation worse for eveyone involved.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I didn't say anything about jail, but I will and do condemn him. He just didn't risk the life of his son, he threatened all of our freedoms. Some whacko sitting in a government seat that he doesn't deserve and can't fill, will look at this and say, "Hey! Here's something I can do to get re-elected! I can get a law passed that makes it illegal to take your son or daughter on a bike.... heck, maybe I can go whole hog and get all motorcycling banned! That'll get me in the newspapers!"

And it will. And if I remember right, there was a thread on here just recently about some governmental know-nothing introducing a bill to ban youngsters on bikes......

It is the same way with loud pipes, the same with reckless use of firearms, the same with people who don't wear helmets. If nothing else, those bad practices gives government an excuse to mess with us, and you should know by now that every time government messes with us, we lose.........

Jail might be too good for the idiot........

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Eh....

Look at it this way.

Darwin has an idea. The stupid eliminate themselves.

If he goes out like this, he also takes with him some excess DNA. The problem then is ... ??? ......

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Nightrider1:

I want to ride with you!

I have never been able to comfortably ride with groups because, after 43 years of riding Hondas, the only way I feel comfortable is in the 55-60 range.

My eyes don't water; I feel like I can stop when I have to; and most of all, I get to enjoy the scenery when I choose to occasionally look to one side or the other.

I wish there was a club which only had Goldwingers who do the speed limit...I'd drive the eastern seaboard to spend some time with guys like that!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

Eh....

Look at it this way.

Darwin has an idea. The stupid eliminate themselves.

If he goes out like this, he also takes with him some excess DNA. The problem then is ... ??? ......

I fully agree to allowing the stupids to remove themselves from the gene pool. Taking someone else out too, is that called collateral damage. Where does this leave the mother/wife, brothers, sisters.

What about the emergency services traumatised after clearing up yet more unneccessary body parts.

How about a 6ft neon sign saying "I happily risked my sons life", worn 24/7. Embarrasment is humbling, and maybe this wouldbe a lesson learnt.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Both videos were / are uncalled for, why would anyone what to jeopardize there lives and someones else as well. :?

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Well if you're going to do 122 do it by yourself at least and not on a two laner..
As far as the women go.. I been married once and that seems like natural behavior for a lot of them

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Fact is there is no excuse for that kind of wreckless behaviour .Some people just like to drive fast and others dont, I see it all the time on group ridesand I have never gone for the "ride it like you stole it "attitudeIf youfeel the need for that kind of thing go to atrackday and put your own neck on the line .

As far as punishment justban him off bikes for a year , that should make him think twice.

Eric

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Personally, I worry about bank failings (runs on the bank) and world destruction more than a guy who did 122 mph.

Another issue forgotten by everyone is how UK police caught the guy; using constant surveillance. In Massachusetts, our beloved governor wants to put a chip (transponder) with the vehicle inspection sticker to determine gas tax usage, which ofcourse leads to government knowledge of all your whereabouts and dealings.

People who haven't thought about this facet of the news article (the government running your life) should consider watching the 17 episodes of Patrick McGoohan's "Prisoner".

Just my two cents

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I don't see the big deal. Guy risks his life, and takes his son with him. (that's called DNA cleansing.)

Just remember - there's people on this earth whose SOLE PURPOSE in life is to simply serve as a warning to others.

Generally their last words are: "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

OK, just gotta stir the pot a bit. There are some saying don't put him in jail because that will be depriving his family. What about those drivers obeying the laws that were deprived of their due safety while sharing the road with that waste of DNA? He knew the rules and took the chances so it seems he was willing to accept the punishment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.