Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
422 Posts
imported post

Triple digit speed violations? Don't see a problem with enforcement action at all, regardless of vehicle type. Just like the 188mph Hayabusa in Iowa last week, these jerks need to be on a closed track, not the highway.:X
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

"It was undertaken at about the same time the State Police were running a motorcycle enforcement campaign on the Meadowbrook State Parkway."

Looking for the "Loud Pipes Save Lives" crowd?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
imported post

Like all the rest of the speeders, when I was young, I would flash my lights to warn on coming traffic of a LEO. No more; now if I see someone speeding, I actually HOPE they get stopped. :gunhead:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
143 Posts
imported post

fenry wrote:
Triple digit speed violations? Don't see a problem with enforcement action at all, regardless of vehicle type. Just like the 188mph Hayabusa in Iowa last week, these jerks need to be on a closed track, not the highway.:X
Amen. Amen. Amen. I mean really guys. Triple digits !! On a PUBLIC road ???

Grow up already !! And go to a track. Of course.

Maybe I shouldn't say this but, of course, I will. I honestly don't care if these IDIOTS kill themsleves...................but don't take an innocent person with you.



Dennis
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
imported post

hoopdc wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't say this but, of course, I will. I honestly don't care if these IDIOTS kill themsleves...................but don't take an innocent person with you.



Dennis
couldnt agree with you more :clapper:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
422 Posts
imported post

Wolfman wrote:
I have to question if that's legal, to pull over all motorcycles and only the motorcycles for a check point.
Law enforcement 101: when statutes apply to a particular class of vehicle and/or the unique operating parameters of a vehicle (ie: commercial vehicles, hazmat vehicles, overdimension vehicles, CDL, endorsements--like an MC endorsement---etc ad nauseum) then checking those vehicles and/or operators for compliance with applicable statute(s) is perfectly within purview of LEO's with appropriate jurisdiction.

When I was a MT LEO I heard the "picking on us" argument from countless commercial vehicle operators (and I've held a chauffeur and CDL since they began issuing them).

"Well yes, we're picking on you as directed by Montana Code Annotated Chapters 61 , 44 and Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations as adopted by Montana Code Annotated. Have a nice day.;)"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
76 Posts
imported post

hoopdc wrote:
fenry wrote:
Triple digit speed violations? Don't see a problem with enforcement action at all, regardless of vehicle type. Just like the 188mph Hayabusa in Iowa last week, these jerks need to be on a closed track, not the highway.:X
Amen. Amen. Amen. I mean really guys. Triple digits !! On a PUBLIC road ???

Grow up already !! And go to a track. Of course.

Maybe I shouldn't say this but, of course, I will. I honestly don't care if these IDIOTS kill themsleves...................but don't take an innocent person with you.



Dennis
Agree
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
imported post

Extream excessive speed is going to kill one or more on a public highway. Who wants to die.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
"It was undertaken at about the same time the State Police were running a motorcycle enforcement campaign on the Meadowbrook State Parkway."

Looking for the "Loud Pipes Save Lives" crowd?
I hope so!!! tired of these MORONS!!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,472 Posts
imported post

fenry wrote:
Wolfman wrote:
I have to question if that's legal, to pull over all motorcycles and only the motorcycles for a check point.
Law enforcement 101: when statutes apply to a particular class of vehicle and/or the unique operating parameters of a vehicle (ie: commercial vehicles, hazmat vehicles, overdimension vehicles, CDL, endorsements--like an MC endorsement---etc ad nauseum) then checking those vehicles and/or operators for compliance with applicable statute(s) is perfectly within purview of LEO's with appropriate jurisdiction.

When I was a MT LEO I heard the "picking on us" argument from countless commercial vehicle operators (and I've held a chauffeur and CDL since they began issuing them).

"Well yes, we're picking on you as directed by Montana Code Annotated Chapters 61 , 44 and Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations as adopted by Montana Code Annotated. Have a nice day.;)"
Gee, isn't that what the liberals call that 'profiling' :cheeky1:
To me it's called doing a good job!
Sadly in the Fire and EMS circles, it's called job security...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
919 Posts
imported post

Here was a un-happy camper down on the end of The Dragon this weekend. Many LEO's out there trying to make it safe. From the locals, you have to be doing stupid speed or stupid stuff to get a ticket. Most of the time the LEO's are cool. They are there just to make sure its safe for all.

This THP was sitting at the bottom of the hill in a blind turn with the 30mph right in the background. Gonna be hard to beat that one if you got your picture taken.

Code:
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,097 Posts
imported post

Excessive speed is never really called for on the highways.

But then to the other side, neither should someone be allowed to get in the fast lanes of the interstate and do 68 or 69 in a 70.

There should be some common sense used, but nowdays most everybody is lacking in that department.

Most the time on the big slabs the speed caused the accident to be much worse, but doesn't necessarily cause the accident. Too many times it's the Ipod, the phone, the book they are reading or just not paying attention.

If had my way, from 10:00pm till about 3:00am there would be no speed limit on the interstates.

Now during normal hours when Joe and Julie Blow are traveling with the kids, keep it down. But when you need to get somewhere, drive at night and get there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
imported post

Around here I think it's more a matter of the lack of driver attention at any speeds. I see so many involved in distractions while in the drivers seat. The other would be impatience. So many are in a rush and become very inconsiderate of others on the roads.
For us motorcyclist the distractions are often limited. Instead we have to pay extra attention to all the distracted and incompetent
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
898 Posts
imported post

Geezerglider wrote:
Like all the rest of the speeders, when I was young, I would flash my lights to warn on coming traffic of a LEO. No more; now if I see someone speeding, I actually HOPE they get stopped. :gunhead:
Do that here....flash your lights....and get caught??? They will come after you like all get out! Obstruction of justice I believe is what they call it.

I have been through checkpoints without any hassle, even before I got my endorsement. I have seen folks turn around to avoid a "roadblock' only to be chased down.
If you are legal.....what's to worry about?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
488 Posts
imported post

Wolfman wrote:
I have to question if that's legal, to pull over all motorcycles and only the motorcycles for a check point.
as a class 1, 2, 3,and 4 with all endorsments on my drivers license I can tell you that in all 48 states LEO's can stop and target any type of vehicle class to check for complance to all state, federal, and local laws and regulations any time they choose. Most local police have DOT trained officers just to enforce all laws on commercial trucks and truck drivers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,097 Posts
imported post

Trucknchuck wrote:
Most local police have DOT trained officers just to enforce all laws on commercial trucks and truck drivers.
We have DOT guys here with their own cars marked DOT. They love the fact that thru this area there are only three major roads across the state, 72, 70 & 64.

They give th sod, citrus and tomato trucks a real good going over.

I can't blame them after seeing some truck leave the farm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

I still tap my helmet to warn oncoming bikes of a LEO.
 

·
Old Broad
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
imported post

Geezerglider wrote:
Like all the rest of the speeders, when I was young, I would flash my lights to warn on coming traffic of a LEO. No more; now if I see someone speeding, I actually HOPE they get stopped. :gunhead:
I don't know what has happened but no body seems to know what that means anymore. Same goes for"flashing" your high beams to ask someone to dim down.I also agree with most of the others here as to let them kill themselves off just so long as they do it alone. Up here we have DDL ( daytime driving lights) and people seem to think this is all they need to drive with. Of course they don't seem to realize or care that they have no lights showing out back. Opps didn't mean to change the subject.:(:?:gunhead::action::action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top