Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have one brand new, never mounted Metezler 880 Marathon front tire for sale. Tire still has manufacturer sticker on tread. I am not sure if this will fit a Goldwing, but figure there is a very good chance with how close it is to stock tire size for pre-2002 models. I bought this tire for a different bike and the seller advertised it as being a radial. It is not - it isa bias tire. I would not have a problem with this except I cannot get my rear tire size in a bias and do not want to mix bias/radial front to rear. These tires run $150.00 + new. I will sell for $100.00.

I am new to this forum and understand people's concerns with buying from someone unknown. I own a Yamaha VStar 11000 and have been a member of the VStar 110 Riders forum for a several years. I am posting here because I believe this tire is a good match for the late '90's Goldwings. I will gladly call you if you email me. I live in Gonzales, TX which is close to Austin and San Antonio. I can send actual pic of tire if you need to see it. Thanks.

Gary

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Hey Gary,

Welcome to the forum. I, too, am an 1100 Vstar forum hanger-outer (dodge33pd over there). JBZ is over here too. I am pretty sure I know who you are from over there. Did you get a 'wing? Anyways, welcome and good luck on your sale.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I would like one, but no, I did not buy a Goldwing. I just got a good deal on a front tire and thought it might be a good fit for a Glodwing, so I thought I would post it here and see if anyone is interested. Any idea if a 140/70-18 would fit on a late 90's model Goldwing? Thanks.

G

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I'm still one of the new kids on the block, but according to motorcycletirestore.com, 130/70-18 is the stock front for the 88-00. They also show a 150/70-18 for the 97-98 Valkyries and 99-02 Interstates. Not really sure what the differences would be, but maybe someone else might chime in.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.