Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My Miss and I are leaving Saturday for 15 days of touring. Leaving our home near Detroit we are heading 300 miles north to Mackinac, across the Upper Peninsula to Wisconsin then south along the Mississippi to New Orleans. This is our first bike trip, our first vacation and hopefully a glimpse into our future as 2 wheeled wanderers. This is my first year riding ( a road bike) and we have put just over 3000 miles on the old Interstate since mid April. We did do a 3 day run into Canada as a warm up to this 2 week tour and we think our butts and our dispositions are ready for the trek.. So..
The only question I have is, where to go after we see The Big Easy?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

If you come just a little east you will find the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you like scenery you will love this ride. Stop every hour to hour and a half. A happy butt makes for a better trip.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

yep take plenty of stops for gas and remember to strech those legs out and move the feet a little before stopping that way they won't be asleep when you go to stop:shock:

We are heading out for our first bigggg adventure the 2nd of july and going through smokies and BRP and the skyline and anything else we can in those 9 days of riding.

Stop when and rest before you have to and don't push it, thats when bad things creep up on ya.

Ride Safe, Ray:action:

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

There are some nice roads to ride here in Arkansas,just ask Dave0430, Loepa, GLESTER, etc. We would be glad to put a face to the name.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I've heard from 3 different other riders I ran across say the Blue Ridge Parkway is an absolute beautiful ride. I'm really considering it this year and The Dragon again with the Cherohala Skyway. Or the Smoky Mountains. Have fun, your on the right bike to make it. If you stay in the Big Easy over night, lock that sucker up tight, I lost a good bike down there to theft. JR

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I'll have to chime in and also recommend the Blue Ridge. I only rode the Sky Line Drive so far ( just 2 weeks ago) and it was well worth riding in the rain to get there. At least take a look at your route on a map and give it some consideration.

Have a great first time trip :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

jjolly wrote:
My Miss and I are leaving Saturday for 15 days of touring. Leaving our home near Detroit we are heading 300 miles north to Mackinac, across the Upper Peninsula to Wisconsin then south along the Mississippi to New Orleans. This is our first bike trip, our first vacation and hopefully a glimpse into our future as 2 wheeled wanderers. This is my first year riding ( a road bike) and we have put just over 3000 miles on the old Interstate since mid April. We did do a 3 day run into Canada as a warm up to this 2 week tour and we think our butts and our dispositions are ready for the trek.. So..
The only question I have is, where to go after we see The Big Easy?
Just head her into the wind and enjoy what ever pops up....Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

jjolly, you ride safe, and get them pictures. I've never been there and would love to see it even with a camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.