Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

can anyone tell me what these are and what part they play on a 1500?

airjet solenoids

thank you,

mark:waving:

·
Administrator
26,937 Posts
imported post

They are the valves the ECM operates to control the fuel/air mixture.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
could these cause all plugs to be black and when bike gets warmed up to start and idle fine but die when you give it throttle?

thank you,

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
and now, what is ecm?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The ECM is the engine control module. It controls various engine functions such as spark timing which it changes depending on the position of the gear position switch and the air jet solenoids of which I know little. It is possible to test their function, the Clymer and Honda service manuals spell out some checks on these units. Unfortunately I don't know all that much about them because I haven't had to dig into them yet. The spark plugs being black adn the hesitation and dying when advancing the throttle could be caused by a leak in the carbs, a sticking CV valve, or a problem in one of the many vacuum hoses, a possibly a problem with the reed valves, etc. There are many possible causes and the only way I know to determine what is causing it would be to check out the various systems by checking the components according to the service manual(s).

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

exavid wrote:
The ECM is the engine control module. It controls various engine functions such as spark timing which it changes depending on the position of the gear position switch and the air jet solenoids of which I know little. It is possible to test their function, the Clymer and Honda service manuals spell out some checks on these units. Unfortunately I don't know all that much about them because I haven't had to dig into them yet. The spark plugs being black adn the hesitation and dying when advancing the throttle could be caused by a leak in the carbs, a sticking CV valve, or a problem in one of the many vacuum hoses, a possibly a problem with the reed valves, etc. There are many possible causes and the only way I know to determine what is causing it would be to check out the various systems by checking the components according to the service manual(s).
good info here..thank you,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.