Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys, I am fast getting to the painting side of things now on my project '93, (thanks again for help from this great site!), and have a question re. the Panasonic radio.(gettin' fussy now!) The tuning on FM seems to go in 200Khz increments, (ie: 94.1 becomes 94.3..94.5 etc), the issue i have here (New Zealand,and perhaps for other countries?) is that many of the stations are on "even" frequencies, (ie: 94.2...94.6 etc) Is there anything that can be done to alter the tuning frequency to suit "local" stations?...or is it just the way it is?..The stations in question do tune "reasonably" well, but as soon as the signal becomes weak, the reception is not good.
Many thanks.....
Peter.

Image of project at start time....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

And so far..........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Re. the FM and AM tuning steps, I guess there is nothing I am able to do about this, so could you confirm that the AM steps are 10Khz, and FM 200Khz, ? just to prove the radio is not faulty..the Owners manual I have ('tho it is for an '88 1500)says AM is 9Khz and FM 50Khz, so not I'm sure what the actual is?
Many thanks in advance,
Peter.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Sorry not more responses... and you are correct, american FM spec is the odd numbers.. don't know about am...

Others will be along soon who have already dealt with this.. (The euro spec is also on the evens)

My simpleton solution would be to have it aligned 0.1 high (or low) and leave the digital display alone but these bikes were sold to countries that had your frequencies so maybe there is a jumper or something that can be moved... also Wayne (his forum name) is our radio expert here... he might be able to stear you in the right direction..

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks sandiegobrass, here's hoping Wayne will log in soon, .....perhaps I could contact directly to a company in the US I think called "Sierra"? could answer the question, possible modification or jumper..?
Many thanks,
Peter.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Wayne IS Sierra..

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Oh...er...whoops..??? :?

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

You might PM him.... don't know if he is checking on weekends though..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.