Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Question: If I pull the vacuum advance line from the auto cutoff valve while shes running, she should die out right? I have been getting 30 mps and have already replace the cutoff valve inerds. I am getting leaking from the weep hole and I am not sure what i should be looking for. When i pulled the line from the valve it idled alittle rough not much, but she kept running. I would think this should cause it to die from lack of full, but i was wrong. I just think i should be getting better mpg than 29-32. Should i pull the plastic and spray the hoses with carb cleaner checking for leaks, or would this not affect it like that. I also have to choke her to get her to start up, even on warm days, after shes been sitting for a while. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You and God Bless.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Question: If I pull the vacuum advance line from the auto cutoff valve while shes running, she should die out right?
No. At least no immediately. The vacuum only opens and closes the fuel valve. The petcock feeds fuel to the carb.. the carb bowls. There is still fuel in the bowl that take a short time for it to truely run out of fuel.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi if you have a weep you need to look at this again something amiss when you pulled the vacuum hose you are drawing air so the bike would run and idel rough have you synced the carbs and how long ago was it serviced re plugs and air filter fuel filter

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Changed plugs, air, fuel filter less than 2 months ago. would air getting in at the fuel filter allow for the weeping?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

no the gas cap would make no differance you might fined the vaccum in the tankmore in hot wheather because of expansion as for the weeping the diafram in the cut off valvei know its new maby cracked a littleas said you need to reopen this as it could leave you stranded at the side of the road i would sync the carbs first before you look at any other probs do you know how to do this

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

i dont have a setup to do it right now. I know its probably been awhile since it was done. Where can i get a hold of a cheap setup?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

the manual says to sync every 8,000 miles or serviced so if its been a while i would expect it to be 80% of your prob also you said you have to choke the bike sometimes when warm a sure sign the carbs are unbalanced can you fill in your location in your profile you might have a member near you to help out and where you can get your hands on a set of guages

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

i think most of the guys in the states get them from harbour fright but iam sure some one will be a long soon to sort you out

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hey I really appreciate the help. I think i am going to try to get a set up together real soon. Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.