Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I pulled my carbs to clean them and reinstalled them. Now I cant get over 80 and from 50 to 80 i get tons of stumbling and hesitation. I seen where someone mentioned carb boots being cracked. Well mine werent cracked but on the inside of the boots there is a lip that the carb fits onto. I am wondering if air could be getting sucked in there and not getting vacuum through the carb to pull fuel and highway speeds? Since this problem started when i pulled the carbs im hoping this would create a vacuum leak. Tell me oh GREAT ones what you think. Thanks and God Bless

Attachments

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

It could be a leak source. you could put a thin bead of permatex silicone in the recess area & re mout your carbs. Let it set for a day before starting so it wont suck any silicone into the intake. Than make sure you clamp them in nice & snug.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I don't think it would leak or at least leak enough to bother anything once the clamp is on and tightened. As Hatchetman said, use some sealant on it if it makes you feel better but I don't think this is your problem.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

If you disassembled your carbs, Then i think the reassembly is not correct

somewhere.

You will prob have to repull them to find what is wrong

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi 73 as said your prob lies with the carbs them selves also haveyou synced them as you have to do this after reasemble you can remove the clamp restrictors on the isalators to alow them to fit real thight

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I hope from that pic it doesn't indicate that you separated the boots from the manifold tubes, which is a no no unless you're able to obtain new ones. Take them loose from the carbs only once the clamp is loosened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.